- Entering his 2nd season as Red Sox Bench Coach after being named to the position on 10/26/12…Is in his 2nd stint in the organization after having served as manager for Triple-A Pawtucket in 2010.
- As manager of the PawSox in 2010, 21 of his players contributed to the ML club.
- Was First Base Coach on John Farrell's staff in TOR for the 2011-12 seasons, his 1st years on a big league staff.
- Owns a 661-609 (.520) record in 9 seasons as a minor league manager in the Indians and Red Sox systems...Guided his clubs to 4 postseason appearances and 2 league championships.
- Managed from 2002-09 in the Cleveland system, where Farrell was Director of Player Development from 2002-06...Managed Single-A Columbus (2002), High-A Kinston (2003-04), Double-A Akron (2005), Triple-A Buffalo (2006-08), and Triple-A Columbus (2009)...Took Columbus to the South Atlantic League final in his 2002 managerial debut.
- Named Carolina League Manager of the Year in 2004 after leading his club to the CL Championship.
- Earned both Baseball America Double-A Manager of the Year and Eastern League Manager of the Year honors after leading Akron to the EL Championship in 2005.
- Joined the CLE organization in 2001 as a roving coordinator.
- Selected by the Tigers in the 5th round of the 1987 June draft...Played parts of 8 ML seasons with the Tigers (1988-89), Yankees (1991), Angels (1993), Mariners (1994), A's (1996), Indians (1998), and Phillies (1999).
- Primarily a 2nd baseman, hit .224 (165-for-737) with 15 homers and 60 RBI in 303 big league games.
- Concluded career with a season in Japan for the Yakult Swallows in 2000.
- Married to Kristen...The couple has 3 children: Nick, Taylor, and Connor.
- Graduated from UCLA in 1987...Named to the Sporting News All-America Team as a 2B that year.
- Father was a producer on the show "Hee-Haw."