Phillies Press Release
Phillies Flag Day Jump! Black Daggers to Parachute into Ballpark for U.S. Army Birthday Celebration
Festivities planned to honor U.S. Army on their 239th birthday on Saturday before Phillies-Cubs game at Citizens Bank Park
WHAT: Happy 239th birthday to the U.S. Army! The Phillies are partnering with the U.S. Army to celebrate the milestone with a unique on-field pregame show, starting at 2:30 p.m. at Citizens Bank Park. Among the highlights:
- The Black Daggers, the U.S. Army Special Operations Command Parachute Demonstration Team, will make a BIG jump into the ballpark, carrying with them the United States Army Flag, as well as a Phillies flag. (weather permitting)
- 35 future soldiers will be inducted from the field into the U.S. Army.
- The United States Army Drill Team, an elite team of soldiers who use 1903 Springfield rifles and concentrate on precise marching and crisp rifle drill, will perform on the field.
- Throwing out the first ball will be Brad R. Carson, The Undersecretary of the Army.
- Fans will also be treated to a U.S. Army Continental Color Guard, whose heritage traces back to our nations' early days and is tradition in the 3rd U.S. infantry Regiment (The Old Guard).
WHEN: Saturday, June 14, 2014
2:30 p.m. (before the 3:05 p.m. Phillies-Cubs game)
WHERE: Field, Citizens Bank Park