Angels Press Release
Angels return home Friday for final homestand of the season against Seattle and Oakland
The Angels return home for the final homestand of the season - a six-game slate beginning with a three-game set against the division rival Seattle Mariners Friday night at 7:05 p.m. The 12th homestand of the season concludes Wednesday, September 25th after a three-game series against the first place Oakland Athletics (Sept. 23 -25). Below is a look at the promotions, giveaways, events & ceremonies taking place at Angel Stadium during the homestand.
- Friday, Sept. 20th is the 13th and final Big Bang Friday of the season presented by Wells Fargo. At the conclusion of the game, fans are invited to stay and enjoy a spectacular fireworks display.
- Live Music in the Garden, presented by Budweiser, will also continue this homestand with LoLove performing from 5:30 - 6:45 p.m. at the Gate One Music Garden before Friday night's game.
- Sunday, Sept. 22nd is Fan Appreciation Day. Lucky fans throughout the game will have an opportunity to win special prizes, while select fans will throw out the ceremonial first pitch, announce play ball and participate in Angel promotions.
- Friends & Family Fun Packs will continue to be offered for all six games as a combination ticket and concession package. Angels Friends & Family Packs are only $59 in View All-Star, Lower View Box, Right Field Pavilion and Right Field Pavilion Wheelchair seating areas. The package is also available for $44 in Upper View. Friends & Family Packs include four tickets, four hot dogs and four small soft drinks and are available for purchase at angels.com and at the Angel Stadium ticket windows.
GIVEAWAYS (while supplies last)
- Upon entrance to the game on Sept. 22nd, fans will receive the 2013 Angels Team Photo.
- Before the game on Saturday, Sept. 21st, the Angels will be presenting the Nick Adenhart Award, recognizing the top Halos pitcher of the year as voted by the Angels players. This year's Nick Adenhart Award winner is C.J. Wilson, who has tallied a career-high 17 wins and is the first Angels lefty with at least 17 wins and 170 strikeouts since Mark Langston and Chuck Finley in 1991.
- Jered Weaver will be recognized on Monday, Sept. 23rd as the Angels' Roberto Clemente Award Nominee presented by Chevrolet. Weaver is one of 30 Club finalists for the annual award, which recognizes an MLB player who best represents the game of baseball through positive contributions on and off the field, including sportsmanship and community involvement. Fans can vote for Jered by visiting ChevyBaseball.com. Voting ends on Sunday, October 6th and participating fans will be automatically registered for a chance to win a trip to the 2013 World Series, where the national winner of the Roberto Clemente Award will be announced.
- Before Tuesday night's contest on Sept. 24th, the Halos will present the Angels MVP trophy to Mike Trout. Trout, who won the award in 2012, currently ranks amongst American League leaders in nearly every major offensive category and leads the Angels in batting average (.331), runs (107), hits (184), stolen bases (33) and walks (100).