Cubs individual game tickets to go on sale February 2002/03/2009 4:07 PM ET
CHICAGO - The Chicago Cubs today announced individual game tickets for the 2009 regular season will go on sale Friday, February 20. Tickets will be available for purchase in the following methods (all times listed below are Central Time):
Outlet ticket sales will begin at 10 a.m. on Monday, February 23 at Chicagoland Tickets.Com Outlets.
- At the Wrigley Field Box Office: Tickets will go on sale at 8:00 a.m. and a random wristband system will be used. There will be no advantage to "camping out" at the ballpark, as initial position in lines will be established by a random drawing of all wristbands distributed prior to 6 a.m. Friday morning.
- Wristbands will be available at Wrigley Field from 11 a.m. - 10 p.m. on Wednesday, February 18 and from 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. on Thursday, February 19. There is a limit of one wristband per person. You will be required to show two (2) forms of identification, one of which needs to be a government issued photo ID. The wristbands will only be used at Wrigley Field on Friday, February 20.
- A random drawing will be held shortly after 6 a.m. on Friday, February 20 to determine the starting number for the ticket lines. The winning number will immediately be announced on WGN Radio (720 AM) and on the Cubs official website, cubs.com. All other numbers will follow the selected number.
- By Telephone: Tickets can be purchased by telephone through Tickets.com beginning at 10 a.m. The Tickets.com phone number for Illinois callers is 800-The-Cubs (800-843-2827). The phone number for out-of-state callers is 866-652-2827.
- Via the Internet: Visitors to the Cubs website, www.cubs.com, can purchase tickets beginning at 10 a.m.
- A virtual waiting room will be used for all Internet orders. The virtual waiting room will begin accepting customers at 9:30 a.m. on Friday, February 20. At 10:00 a.m. customers will be randomly selected from the virtual waiting room to begin purchasing tickets. All internet customers will need a valid cubs.com account. We recommend that customers sign-up for an account prior to February 20.
Ticket Limits: On February 20, 21 and 22 various ticket limits will be put in place. These limits will be imposed based on various factors including customer name, household, credit card and e-mail address. Internet customers who use computer-based scripting language may have all orders cancelled.
All Bud Light bleacher tickets sold at Wrigley Field on February 20 will be by credit card only - Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express. Credit Cards used during the on-sale must be in the name of the ticket purchaser.
- There will be a limit of six tickets per game.
- At the Wrigley Field Box Office, fans will be limited to ordering a maximum of forty two (42) tickets.
- Internet and Phone customers will be limited to one game per order of up to six tickets. Internet and Phone customers will be limited to a maximum of forty two (42) tickets for the weekend. All customers who order more than this limit may have all orders cancelled.
In an effort to provide the best ticket availability for Cubs fans, all customers when receiving a wristband on February 18 or 19 and while purchasing tickets at Wrigley Field on February 20 will be required to show two (2) forms of identification, one of which needs to be a government issued photo ID.
For updated ticket pricing, please visit www.cubs.com.
Dugout, Bullpen, CBOE and Bleacher Box Seats will go on sale on a future date.
For more information, please contact the Cubs at 773-404-CUBS.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.